Here you will find documentation relating to the decisions of the General Assembly over the years on the subject of same-sex marriage.
Much of the material is detailed and comprehensive but, we believe, important to make accessible in seeking to understand the path taken by Assembly and how that diverges from where God’s Word would state that we should be on this topic.
In order to try and be as easily accessible as possible, we have arranged the material in a number of sub-pages with links below…
- background to the Overture which had been sent to Presbyteries in 2014 for approval
- arguments from CFS against the Overture
- Theological Forum report (downloadable PDF)
- short response from CFS to the TF report
- full response from CFS to the TF report
- response from Rev David Torrance to the TF report
- analysis of Robert Song’s book which the TF report referenced
- list of additional relevant reading/material on the topic